Dairy Free Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
Recently I have been making more of an effort to eat breakfast in the morning and being a celiac it can sometimes be difficult to decide what to have for breakie especially when the majority of gluten free toast is super vile. While browsing the aisle of the supermarket I came across Chia Seeds, now I have seen these before and have always been curious about them but after never picking them up I thought why not give them ago.
Today's recipe I have for you is super simple and perfect if you are allergic to gluten like myself or just want something a bit more healthier in the morning. I know there are recipes out there for gluten free overnight oats and such but to be honest I really don't like the taste of oats so I decided to create my own invention. This is the perfect recipe for when u want something simple in the morning as well as the main bulk of the recipe is made the night before. So enough rambling here is my version of a dairy free/ gluten free chia seed pudding.
What you will need: (recipe serves 2 or one tall glass)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
1/2 cup soya yogurt any flavour I've used plain and strawberry before, both delicious.
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup of chia seeds
Handful of strawberries
Handful of Raspberries
Some sliced almonds (optional)
*just a side not I know strawberries are currently not in season and recently I have been eating this with pear and banana ands it's amazing. So any fruit of your choice is ok.
1. Combine the yougurt, milk and maple syrup in a bowl and mix
2. Stir in your Chia Seeds and let them settle for about 20 mins.
3. Then before you pop in the fridge give it one last mix and pour into 2 small glasses or you can have one big glass if you want a bigger breakfast.
4. Pop in the fridge overnight covered in cling film.
5. In the morning chop up your fruit and place on top of your chia seed mixture and scatter a few almonds on top.
It really is that simple but it's super delicious. Let me know if you make this and be sure to comment some breakfast ideas below if you have any I am always looking for new ones.