Irish Beauty Junkies, we finally have access to Birchbox! There are many beauty boxes out there and while we can get hold of Glossy Box I felt that box went down hill rather quickly, so when Birchbox announced they were going to be shipping to Ireland I was pretty excited and even more excited when they emailed me asking if I would like to review their February box so I thought I would show you what's in the box and give you a sneak peak of how the box looks itself and all the Irish shipping details etc.
First off one thing I noticed on their site is that prices are in Sterling, which is slightly annoying but what can you do. Anyway one box costs £10 plus £2.95 shipping so around €16/ €17**. You can get 6 months subscription for £60(€77) and a years sub for £100 (€129). Another featured that Birchbox offer is the products in the box are personalised for you, so lets say they are offering a shampoo sample and know you have curly hair they may include the product for you if that makes sense. Nice little touch.
Onto this months box, you get 6 products in this box one product is a little bonus and each of the boxes this month contains a full size Spectrum Brush which I will talk about in a moment. It also contains some decent sized samples aswell as another full size item which has two colour options. Also in the box is a list of the products with discount codes for the Birchbox shop and a chance to win some diamonds. Now onto the products.
- L. Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder: a good quality hair tie with no metal piece so it doesn't snag the hair. It feels nice in the hair not much I can say on it to be honest. This is the bonus product this month. RRP £11.50 for a set of 15.
- LOC One and Done Shadow Shadow Stick in Perfect Cents: this is a full size product. It's a really nicely pigmented eye pencil that can be sweeped over the lid for an all over colour making it effortless and really long wearing. This product is a BirchBox exclusive. RRP £8
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: a serum enriched with vitamin c that is meant to boost collagen in the skin helping fine lines and plumpness of the skin. It has a lovely orange scent. RRP £47/ €62.04.
- The Balm Frat Boy Blush: quite possible the cutest ever sized blush ever. I own this in full size and it's a really stunner. You will love this blush if you like peach/ coral shades and the formula is amazing. The sample size is great for travel. RRP £15.50/ €19
- Ayres Body Butter In Patagonia: another BirchBox exclusive is this body butter, on the thick side and very similar in texture to the body shop body butter. It is meant to be enriched with Vitamin E & Antioxidents. It smells kinda strange and reminds me of a bath bomb from Lush. RRP £19.50
- Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Blush: a vibrant almost rainbow inspired brush is actually really good quality and applies contour and highlight really well. I love the colour and the texture of the brush and need to check out the brand further. This is full sized and in every box this month. RRP £7.99 (cannot find on their website but all the other face brushes are €11.60)
So there are the contents of the this month's box, overall I really like the Spectrum Brush and the Loc Shadow Stick, I haven't really tried the others enough to comment. I already own TheBalm Blush and highly recommend that anyway. I think if I was a customer of this box I would be happy with my contents some as there are some decent sized samples and to get 2 full sizes is great. I think Birchbox will be quite a hit with the Irish Market.
Let me know if you have signed up and are you keen on these monthly beauty boxes?
Shop Birchbox here
*Gifted Pr Item
**Rough Estimate in euro prices for the boxes.