First Off Happy New Year! I haven't blogged for literally ages but I thought to make it up to you all I would show you all my recipe for the most amazing gluten free brownies, these brownies are delicious, really moist (hate that word) and seriously chocolatey and the best part no one would know there were gluten free. Now if you don't need to avoid gluten switch out the gluten free flour for your regular flour it will work just as well.
Brownies are literally fool proof . These brownies are still a little gooey but they can be picked up but the will melt in the mouth and you only need a few ingredients so lets get cracking. Also if you are making these after Christmas and you somehow have chocolate left in the house throw it in for good measure....when is there ever such a thing as too much chocolate?
What you will need:
- 100g Butter cut into cubes
- 130g Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (leave out if using regular flour)
- 1-2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f/ Gas Mark 4 and line a brownie (square) tin with parchment paper.
- Now melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over a saucepan of water, do this over a medium heat to avoid overcooking the chocolate.
- Once melted take off the heat and whisk in your sugar and then your eggs one at a time until your mixture has a shiny appearance.
- Mix together the Flour and Xanthan Gum and Cocoa Powder then sift into the chocolate and egg mix and gently fold in until all is combined.
- Pour you brownie mix into you prepared tin and cook for around 30 mins until a skewer comes out with a little bit of moisture on it but the brownie should have a slight wobble, brownies tend to firm up as they cool.
- Once cool enough to eat, cut up into squares and serve, perfect with ice cream or if your feeling really naughty melt some extra chocolate and put that over the top. I like to reheat the brownies in the microwave for extra deliciousness.
Let me know if you make these and feel free to add nuts or whatever you like in your brownies and if you do make them tag me on Instagram @everyday_lauren